[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reverse 911

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx>, "showlist" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:52:22 -0700

Hi Becky;
We have  a few Mountain Lions in our area because deer hunting is now so
controlled and we
have TONS of deer....some huge bucks   ( and even  they can be dangerous at
times )
A Mountain Lion will take out a dog, and one young mother lion with two cubs
killed a jogger
that was  running out on a trail  here a few years ago.   Not a huge lion
either.....about 80 lbs.
One was seen in a small Community by us dragging the owners Rottweiler off the
deck and
into the trees.....but it is not "typical"   for them to do that.   They can go
over almost anything.

They just don't always 'read the book'  on what they as  Mountain Lions  do or
don't do......<G>
Varmints are always an issue here..... and we are within 3 miles of Interstate
80 and 3 miles
from our small town and 13 miles from two big towns.......45 miles from
Sacramento and a
 few cities in between.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com