[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reversal of fortune , the blame game

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 14:40:38 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't see slander.  It's not slander if it's the truth.

Years ago I bought/co-owned a bitch.  Bred her.  While she was  bred and
heavy in whelp BOTH her mother and father suffered GDV (lived, were  tacked).
I was on the phone sobbing to Barb Williams.  (Wasn't to be  the last time
either, the sobbing to Barb part.)

We (Barb & I), thought it might be OK, the male I had chosen was  pretty
good as far as GDV was concerned.

No issues. Phew.... Maybe we dodged the bullet????  Bred her 2  years
later.  While she was in whelp a son I had kept back from the first  litter
suffered GDV and could not be saved.  More sobbing to Barb.

Breeders of the bitch were upset (read PISS*D!) I didn't keep my dog's
death a secret because this bitch's litter had been repeated a number of
times, other bitches producing, dogs standing at stud and I guess I sullied
their names by telling the truth. I wasn't BLAMING...it was the truth.
And furthermore, I was morning my dog and terrified for the other siblings
& 1/2 siblings.
I didn't go public but if anybody asked I wasn't going  to sweep it under
the rug. And the funny thing...one of the bitch's co-owners  didn't know the
history on the dam's side and was ready to blame the stud  dog...ey-yi-yi!
The co-owned bitch died by the way...I don't even know  when or why, no call.

Now, if you don't believe it's hereditary, fine by me, save your breath, I
am tiring of arguing that point and won't engage.

As for not selling this person a dog...are you KIDDING  me? Bringing up
other cases where dogs were hit on the head or fell down  the steps, are you
KIDDING me?  I am just sick....

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 5/19/2013 1:48:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

*slandering not only the breeders but dogs, by  name....*