[ SHOWGSD-L ] Returned ballot - Barcode is the culprit

  • From: DKARLOFF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:10:20 EDT

Sharon wrote:
Elections services in New York stated you may cross off your name and leave
the bar code as is.  You may also put everything in another envelope  and
mail it to Election Services in New York.
Sharon Allbright
------

I mailed my ballot yesterday and got it back this morning.  I drove to  my
post office this afternoon and met with my local postmaster.   After explaining
the problem he told me that the post Office has a new  machine that reads the
bar code (NOT THE TYPED ADDRESS) - he proceeded to use a  magic marker,
covered the bar code with ink and put it back in the mail.   If my vote is
invalidated because of this, I am going to be really, really  P.O.

Dania