[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Retirement; Where the dogs are

  • From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:14:25 -0500

WE also have all that in the SOutheast . IN North GA where the weather isn't
normally too hot or too cold, complete with Handlers,GSD people and the 4
seasons ,& Dog Shows, etc. Wild horses woul;dn't drie us out of here ! WE
alswo have fairly Low Property prices , Lots of LAd available and low living
costs !
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Retirement; Where the dogs are

In a message dated 1/15/2008 5:03:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My  husband has been thinking about early retirement, so we've been
casually
checking out different regions of the country.   (We  live in NC.)

While we're drawn to some of the more remote regions of  Canada and the UK,
we'd like to move to an area with a decent concentration  of GSD breeders
and
more specialty shows than we have around our  area.

That said, I'd love to hear some suggestions.  No offense to  the deep
South,
but we hate the heat and don't wish to move any further  south than NC.
Snow
is just fine.

Thanks in  advance.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member

I don't think you can find a higher concentration that the  Mid-Atlantic in
North East regions.  Real estate isn't inexpensive and  property taxes are
generally high though, and in most areas where'd you'd  actually want to
live,
(withy any kind of land for the dogs), it's still a  seller's market.
There's
always plenty to do and quality of life IMO is  super from cultural
activities to
medical facilities.  AND we have four  seasons!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds