[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Retirement; Where the dogs are

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:09:34 -0800 (PST)

Summers in Pa can be brutal, but winters will hold you back.

  I think Eastern Tennessee could be great, low real estate prices, compared to
a lot of places, a good interstate system and plenty of shows within 6 hours,
becasue of the interstates.

  The McGovern's live there, with BenJo's kennel.  They told me they love it
there because they can get to so many shows from there and there is culture
available.  Any college town will have a decent night life for those who want
it.

  I am keeping my eye on the area as we are about 10 or 15 years from
retirement ourselves.  I just hope I can keep finding dogs to train, as it is a
passion for me.
  sheila
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 1/15/2008 5:03:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
My husband has been thinking about early retirement, so we've been casually
checking out different regions of the country. (We live in NC.)

While we're drawn to some of the more remote regions of Canada and the UK,
we'd like to move to an area with a decent concentration of GSD breeders and
more specialty shows than we have around our area.

That said, I'd love to hear some suggestions. No offense to the deep South,
but we hate the heat and don't wish to move any further south than NC. Snow
is just fine.

Thanks in advance.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member

I don't think you can find a higher concentration that the Mid-Atlantic in
North East regions. Real estate isn't inexpensive and property taxes are
generally high though, and in most areas where'd you'd actually want to live,
(withy any kind of land for the dogs), it's still a seller's market. There's
always plenty to do and quality of life IMO is super from cultural activities
medical facilities. AND we have four seasons!

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds