[ SHOWGSD-L ] Responses from Board Members to my letter dated 8-7-2010

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:37:56 -0400 (EDT)

A week ago Saturday; specifically on August 7, 2010, I wrote a letter to
the 19 Board Members of the GSDCA.  I sent EACH of those Board members  an
email (not one email "cc'd" to the others, but an individual email to  each
one of the board members) containing four questions, answers to  which require
very little thought..if you are an active Board Member.  I  cared enough to
ask each member directly instead of believing one version or  another that
has appeared on various lists and official GSDCA communication  instruments.
 Below the listing of the Board Members, I have included the  four
questions I had asked, just so you would know the simplicity of the  content.

From those 19 members, I received eight (8) responses.  The  following
Board Members (in alphabetical order) responded: Zoe Blackman, Laura  Gilbert,
Helen Gleason, Nancy Harper, Lanalee  Jorgensen,  Dorothy Linn, Pam  O'Dell,
 Gary  Szymczak.

The following Board Members (alphabetical order) DID NOT respond:
Ginny Altman, Bart  Bartley, Carmen Battaglia, Bill Burggraaf, Ken Downing,
Lamar Frederick, Nadine  Grady, Tom Mesdag, Nancy Nellis, Tish Walker, Dean
Wylie.

1. What is the official Board policy/procedure regarding the  signing of
contracts?

2. Has a new contract been signed with Purina? Does it detail  where the mon
ey is to be used? If so what are the limitations imposed in  this contract,
if any?
3. If a new contract has been signed, who signed it and was  it processed
according to the official policy/procedure of the  Board?
4. If such a contract exists, is it available for viewing by the  members?
My comment(s): 42%  response is not acceptable in my humble opinion; I have
been a member of the pc  for over thirty years with a one year lapse
somewhere in that time period  because my dues were received late. I am an
active
member of my regional club; I  actively show and am involved with other
venues of the GSD. I was courteous  enough to write directly to each member, I
even gave everyone an  option, by saying if you do not wish to answer the
questions, please  respond accordingly; I allowed enough time for family,
travel, and any  other valid priorities in those members lives. Bottom line - I
so appreciate the  responses I received, your professional courtesy is so
noted; to those who did  not respond, I am disappointed; I thought better of
you...Pauline

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/ BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Our future: AKC BISS & GRP W CH. Ropaja's
Je
Suis Fleur De  Lis; AKC MJR PTD Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.