[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response to tom Elkins' Post

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 19:24:42 -0700 (PDT)

1. The following is a list of all breed judges whose original breed was the
GSD.  Some of these people have bred ROM & BIS animals and some are even
members of the parent club and have GSD's still.  I'm sure there are lots more.

Sonny Ambrosio
Chris Walkowicz
Carol White-Moser
Henry Gregory
Laurie Telfair
Dr. Rev. Patrick Ormos
Sherry Wallis
Sue Godek
Judy Bendt
Sharon Dwyer

2.  That breeder you're referring in to in your second point has acquired a dog
sired by the current grand victor.  We may see a change in type  in this
persons dogs soon.  TX all breed people keep a mental list of judges that seem
to prefer this breeder's type of GSD.  And we try not to show to those judges.

8.  If you have to show a dog 200 times to finish it, it probably isn't a good
dog no matter what venue you're showing in.

Bottom line do some research on what type of dog the judge likes before
entering under them no matter what ring it is.

Diane

BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Ch. Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"