[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response to ignorance

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:20:53 EST

In a message dated 11/20/09 5:07:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am  fortunate to have access to Reviews from the 1950's and 1960's.
These  dogs don't appear to have near the rear angulation that the present day
GSD's  have.  My question is what changed?  Did the standard change or did
we change the dogs because our tastes changed?  If the answer is we  changed
the dogs because our tastes changed, can we just dismiss people who
question the rear angulation in today's GSD's as being  ignorant?

We found a dog that had the rear angles and the right shoulder could  work
longer and do what the breed was bred to do.  As to the people who  question
the rear, we should inform them of this, and never dismiss  anyone.

And, yes, they are ignorant. I just tell them to think of a runner at the
starting gate, and where their legs are just before they take off running.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/