[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response to Jackie Short's thread

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:06:36 -0800 (PST)

I am fortunate to have access to Reviews from the 1950's and 1960's.  These
dogs don't appear to have near the rear angulation that the present day GSD's
have.  My question is what changed?  Did the standard change or did we change
the dogs because our tastes changed?  If the answer is we changed the dogs
because our tastes changed, can we just dismiss people who question the rear
angulation in today's GSD's as being ignorant?

Diane
BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"