[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Response to Deena

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: dc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:38:25 EDT

Deena:
When you say you are talking about the lack of content in the Review about
working dogs, not the lack of advertising do you mean that "working dog" people
have submitted articles to the Review that have not been published?  I know
Gail would be happy to print well written, informative articles if submitted.
Like the lack of advertising representation of "working dogs" in the Review, it
seems that the cause is the lack of input by the "working dog" people.

There have been wonderful articles about the demonstrations at the National,
I even supplied photos of the invitational from the last Perry national which
were used.

Betty Johnson

Subj:   Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Response to Deena
Date:   10/6/05 8:38:49 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   dc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, BJBuie@xxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet (Details)

>> I don't have the time to get into all the aspects of her post.  The first
>> thing that came to mind was why the "working dog" people would say that
> the Review is aimed at only conformation people when the "working dog"
people
> are the ones who don't bother to send ads in to the official publication of
the
> GSDCA.  If they don't buy ads, the Review can't print them and their sport
can't
> be represented.
>> Just my quick two cents.  Betty Johnson

Consider this, the list has been lamenting about how advertising is down.
About how conformation exhibitors don't take out the number and sizes of ad
they did before.  There has been numerous emails that exhibitors do not
support the review anymore.  Maybe the other GSD people simply pulled out a
little quicker.

And than again, there is always the idea that my post did not even refer to
the ads but to the magazine content.

Deena