[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response from AKC over Ownership Pledge discrepancies

  • From: "R Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:00:01 -0400

I received this:

"Mary Burch forwarded your email to me as my department wrote and
distributed the Pet Promise. We apologize for any confusion. The CGC
"Commitment to Responsible Dog Ownership" remains the same and is the
document that all dog owners taking the CGC test are to fill out.

The "Responsible Dog Ownership Day Pet Promise" is a completely separate
document although we did use the CGC "Commitment" for inspiration and to
make sure all bases were covered. However for the broad distribution we
envisioned of the Pet Promise in conjunction with RDO Day, we needed to
format the information differently and use slightly more flowery language--
that is why they are not identical.

Regarding your concerns over the microchip statements- the discrepancy on
the wording was inadvertent. We will address the issue in all subsequent
copies of the Pet Promise to allow for more options, based on what the pet
owner sees fit.

We would love your support for the Pet Promise and ask that folks sign the
petition online and use it however else they feel appropriate in order to
spread the word about AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/9290.html

Regards,

Daisy Okas
Assistant Vice President, Communications
American Kennel Club
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
P: 212-696-8342