[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response Re: Shelia's comment about Cesar Milan

  • From: EastGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:44:01 EDT

--32e.b4d727b_alt_bound

In a message dated 9/4/2006 9:27:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Caeser  does have some very good points.  And while I don't like they way he
supposedly describes it, there is a difference in approach between men and
women.  I see it all the time and I will not deny it.  The genders  do the same
jobs, but not the same way.  It is important to acknowledge  our differences,
but to use the tools that work, not rely on our own nature,  but to accpet
the dogs' nature and work with it.

I read the article and myself at times wonder why so many people of both
genders in this world DO forget that we are different lol  I guess it was  the
civil rights movement and women's sufferage but yeah we are different and I
agree with Shelia that we do ourselves an injustice when we forget this.
Pointing out the difference in something does not mean that anyone means one is

better than the other....just as there are differences between a GSD and a Wire

Fox Terrier there are differences in dogs and bitches and to men and  women.  I
love what you said at the end Shelia and agree that we need to  acknowledge
those differences to help everything function properly in all facets  of
life...not just dogs.  I also disliked the NY Times article and felt  they
exaggerated a number of things and misrepresented some as well. Cesar is  using
age old
methods...he did not invent them he simply rediscovered them..and  they work
IMO I have been using many of the same methods in my life with dogs  well
before Cesar came along.

JMHO
Cherri

 Stan says  "De asini vmbra disceptare"

Eastgsd
Cherri  Pursell
_www.eastgsd.com_ (http://www.eastgsd.com/)
Thom's  GSDs NJ

--32e.b4d727b_alt_bound

<HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=
=3DUS-ASCII"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #004000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Georgia"   bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D7 rightMargin=3D7><FO=
NT id=3Drole_document   face=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 9/4/2006 9:27:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE   style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blu=
e 2px solid"><FONT     style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" face=3DArial=20=
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Caeser=20
  does have some very good points.&nbsp; And while I don't like they way he=20
  supposedly describes it, there is a difference in approach between men and=
=20
  women.&nbsp; I see it all the time and I will not deny it.&nbsp; The gende=
rs=20
  do the same jobs, but not the same way.&nbsp; It is important to acknowled=
ge=20
  our differences, but to use the tools that work, not rely on our own natur=
e,=20
  but to accpet the dogs' nature and work with it.</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>I read the article and myself at times wonder why so many people of bot=
h=20
genders in this world DO forget that we are different lol&nbsp; I guess it w=
as=20
the civil rights movement and women's sufferage but yeah we are different an=
d I=20
agree with Shelia that we do ourselves an injustice when we forget this.=20
Pointing out the difference in something does not mean that anyone means one=
 is=20
better than the other....just as there are differences between a GSD and a W=
ire=20
Fox Terrier there are differences&nbsp;in dogs and bitches and to men and=20
women.&nbsp; I love what you said at the end Shelia and agree that we need t=
o=20
acknowledge those differences to help everything function properly in all fa=
cets=20
of life...not just dogs.&nbsp; I also disliked the NY Times article and felt=
=20
they exaggerated a number of things and misrepresented some as well. Cesar i=
s=20
using age old methods...he did not invent them he simply rediscovered them..=
and=20
they work IMO I have been using many of the same methods in my life with dog=
s=20
well before Cesar came along.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>JMHO</DIV>
<DIV>Cherri</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DGeorgia size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"><=
IMG SRC=3D"cid:X.MA1.1157424241@xxxxxxx";  height=3D81   width=3D61 border=
=3D0 DATASIZE=3D"1765" ID=3D"MA1.1157424241" ></FONT><FONT   lang=3D0 face=
=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12"> Stan say=
s=20
"</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DGaramond color=3D#008000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SE=
RIF"   PTSIZE=3D"12">De asini vmbra disceptare</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DG=
eorgia   color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZE=3D"12">"<BR><BR>Ea=
stgsd<BR>Cherri=20
Pursell<BR><A href=3D"http://www.eastgsd.com/";>www.eastgsd.com</A></FONT><FO=
NT   lang=3D0 face=3DGeorgia color=3D#004000 size=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" PTSIZ=
E=3D"12"><BR>Thom's=20
GSDs NJ</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

--32e.b4d727b_alt_bound--