[ SHOWGSD-L ] Response

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:58:54 -0400

Hi all:  When I post to the List, I always do so because of observations
through reading other peoples posts or talking and e-mailing to one
another.  As a "writer" one tries to connect with those who will be
reading your posts whether by making them think, looking for input to
hear another side of the story, wanting feedback, and looking for topics
that may generate a response and open up a door for conversation.  Most
people who know me, and those who don't but have read my posts know I
write from the heart, my observations are my own and my "claim to fame"
has never been because I've been right, but rather that I've looked at
all view points before I've made my decision about something.  I belong
to a writers List also, and everyone is always bouncing ideas off of one
another.  Ideas are how conversations begin.<p>
My recent post "Ain't that a shame" generated mostly favorable responses
because these people understood what I was trying to convey.  It wasen't
about whining as a few thought.  Whining is when one is on their "pity
pot" and saying "why me, nothing ever good happens for me, why do all
the bad things happen to me", etc.  This story was strictly
OBSERVATIONS. I have no room to whine.  I've had success on a small
scale and was very happy with my accomplishments.  I count among my
friends some of the top breeders and judges in the country.  I'm
fortunate to call some of my new acquaintances friends now also.  One
makes their own success in this breed.  No I have no room for whining.
It's all been good. <p>
 As one of the smarter observers on this List wrote to me and said, I
know you're not whining, your posts was about observations and the
truth.  Ruth wrote back with her positive observations.  These two
ladies GOT it.  This is what I wanted to do..........open the door for
conversation and hear what someone had to say that was good with the
breed, because I wrote about what I heard that was wrong with the
breed.  There are those who look to stir the pot until it boils.  I
never take these things personally because I look at the posts they send
to other people and they remain true to their nature no matter who
they're dealing with.<VBG><p>
Those of you who responsed both pro and con.............you never
disappoint.  Thanks,  Barbara