[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue updates!!

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:00:51 -0400

Ileana

It does amaze me that there are so many purebred dogs in shelters and
specifically "kill" facilities....some GSD people that I talk with are
amazed when I tell them of so many GSDs that we just can't save....how many
seniors are dumped because they are "old" or "suddenly pee on the carpet" !!
As Dawn pointed out in an earlier email, we MUST and it is IMPERATIVE that
we work with other breed rescues who many, in turn, help us when needed.  A
GSD can ride on the same transport as a lab or a chihuahua if there is room
*grin*.

Thank you for going to check out the GSD, we need more listers doing this
for us since we are spread far and wide.....always something in rescue for
someone to do to help :-)

Pat Lukos