[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue updates!!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: windwych@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:35:06 EDT

I went to the SPCA today, got a call that there was a GSD pup there.
There he was, about 5 months old, and already had 6 applications to be adopted.

Very nice puppy, friendly, owner surrender. No other details.
Took him out and played with him a bit, he was just so energetic.   Good
puppy.
There was a bulldog puppy. Also owner surrender.  One of the staff was
going to adopt him.  There was a Bichon. Owner surrender also. 2 years old,
never been groomed. Staff were talking about neglect charges, this poor dog is
 in AWFUL shape. I volunteered to groom him as soon as the vet ok's a bath,
he  was recently neutered.

The shelter is full to capacity.  Lots and lots of owner surrendered
animals, people cant take care of them.
An unimaginable amount of cats, and with the exception of the dogs I
mentioned before, every other single dog was a pit bull, or a pit mix.  The
great majority very friendly.  Many were just so scared with all the  noise.
One was what I would call more challenging, staring at you, not  making any
friendly gestures.

It does me in every time I go there.

Ileana