[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue updates!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 04:24:17 -0800 (PST)

   Well, the New Year has begun and with it, a swarm of unwanted German
Shepherds. Pat and Vicki have had 10 requests by owner turn ins just within the
last 48 hours! There is a senior dog who is in Chillicothe Ohio by the name of
John who would love to have a warm bed to spend the rest of his days. This is
another owner turn in....he is 7. Anyone who might have a warm corner of their
heart and home to share with him, please contact me. We can arrange transport.
  We have had a few happy tails...The 7 month old pup in Virginia who was found
tied to a dog house with a logging chain  and living in the mud was transported
by Karin Baldwin and husband and is now happily ensconced in his new home with
another GSD named Thea  who was rescued, and a JRT!
  Thor, our "dog on the wall" poster child is trying out some new digs! If all
goes as well as it has over the weekend, he will be ADOPTED!!! It is a Police
officers family in Havre deGrace MD., and they LOVE him. PAWS CROSSED!
  Chunk and Chief are on their way to Rescue with Sue D. thanks to Connies
transport connections. We are working on getting Merry and Jerry (the two
bonded black GSDs) from Sue's to Nick in NYC where they will be placed up for
adoption! Nick is a NYC K9 officer and has been rescuing GSD's for quite some
time.
  We have commitments on our puppy litters from Lilac Grove in Rye, NH as soon
as they are ready to be transported! As you know, there are very few pups for
adoption in the Northeast. Deb Allen will be utilizing LHSH's recommended
adoption contracts for these kiddos.
  We are also working on a dog who was produced by a VERY WELL KNOWN breeder in
the Northeast who REFUSES to assist in anyway with the rehoming of their dogs.
I contacted them and spoke with them personally to no avail. This person
equated a GSD to an automobile...?????.....Needless to say that LHSH will try
our best to find a loving home for Jacques.
  Thank you all for your continued support. It is because of the generosity of
everyone on this list that there is a bright future waiting for two puppies in
a Kentucky kill shelter...that Beauty's litter was born in Julies warm whelping
box instead of on the cold concrete shelter floor...that Hope is now at Julies
and looking forward to a forever family....Please check out our Forum! Just
follow the links to the "Urgents" listings to see some of the other dogs we are
currently working on. You can also go to "Where are they now" to see some of
the photos of the dogs YOU have helped to save!
  From everyone a LHSH....wishing you the very best that 08 has to offer!!!!
Dawn Restuccia
Lasthopesafehaven.com

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.