[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue forced to close/dogs will die/ Florida members alert

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:19:36 -0400

Important story.Florida member alert zoning issue Miami.rescue forced to
close This post is as the 24 Aug
Sabbath Memorial Dog Rescue Dogs At Risk
Horst Hoefinger

The rescue is about to be closed due to a zoning issue and their 150 dogs
are at risk of being put down.

Here's more details from The Pet Postcard Project website.
The second site to go to is Dogsters which referred on this story.
In light of the enormous foreclosure problem we are experiencing here in
south Florida, the number of dogs rescued by Sabbath Rescue within the last
two years has exploded.

These abandoned dogs, most sickly and inhumanely treated, now have a home
where they are cared for, loved, and have the possibility of being adopted.
Sabbath has been rescuing dogs for the past 9 years.

And now, the City of Miami wants to close Sabbath down because of a kennel
license violation. Animal Services director, Sara Pizano, has filed a $5,000
lien on the farmland on which Sabbath is located. Sabbath has been ordered
off the farm within 12 days. We will fight this, but regardless, if Animal
Services finds that we have not moved in time, it is their intention to
forcibly take the 150 dogs to their slaughter.

We desperately need your help to convince the City officials to either
immediately issue a kennel license to Sabbath, or, in the alternative, to
grant a stay for 12 months in order for Sabbath to resolve this situation.

It would be a horrible tragedy if the rescued dogs who cheated death once
got put down without a chance for adoption. Take a minute to sign the
petition asking Miami-Dade County for an extension.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12098154/grpspId=1705044093/msgI
d=15705/stime=1251234347/nc1=5741398/nc2=4836041/nc3=5689707>