[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue Ride Needed in FL for Medusa

  • From: SARAVAGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

Weeping Willow has been working to save a senior (12 years) girl "Medusa"
from a kill shelter.  We have found a wonderful home for her in Florida to
live out her days but Florida is a BIG state :-)  Here is the info and
hopefully someone can help.  I have also talked extensively with Diane  Roberts
in Florida and she may chime in once I get this posted.

The new "Mom" is located in Port Charlotte FL...she could drive a leg to
Tampa .

The Pound is Clay County Animal Care & Control
Green Cove Springs FL
I have been talking with Ralph who is the contact person at the shelter and
 he knows we are working on this.  He says she is very sweet, a bit
arthritic, of course, but no real signs of DM.

Since I am really directionally challenged, Diane came up with a couple
ideas too which I know she will post once we get this going.

Time is of the essence both for Medusa and those of us helping her.   We
would like to pull this together before Wednesday.  Tami Howard has
generously offered to fly down to get her and bring her to us but since we have
home in FL we would like to keep her there and it wouldn't be so stressful on
her.

Please, let's try to get Medusa to her new home by Tuesday :-)

Pat
The Team at Weeping Willow