[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rescue Joys

  • From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:57:50 -0800

Joan Fox writes:
A turtle by any other is name is still a PITA

Murray and I are in Tucson. It's Xmas and we are having a wonderful time,
golf, tennis, awesome food. We are staying at Ventana Canyon and one reason
I love it is the wildlife the comes down from the hills to the hotel. We had
mountain lions in the PM even on the golf course.  I got up everyday to see
the animals and put out vegetables for them even though the hotel says not
too.
Anyway, we are staying through New Years and we go out to the Desert Museum
for a last time on the way to the airport before leaving. As we are exiting
town on a 4 lane road I spot a HUGE desert tortoise in the middle.
Ok, I stop the car, Murray stops traffic and I pick up this monster and put
him in the rental car. Aha! now where would you put a relic like this but
the Desert Museum? So we continue on our journey.
Deposit this guy after hauling him, and I mean hauling, as far as we can out
into the desert and still see the car. Now I wave goodbye, then as we look
back he is slowly ambling toward us. We take him further away and RUN back
to the car. The people at the Museum said he would be fine and they would
keep an eye on him as we had placed him on a line to the sign for it.
Ok, we feel good about our rescue and go to the airport and turn the car in.
Last time I used Hertz, they charged us $182.00 for the turtle poop clean up
fee. I wonder what they put that under in the computer?

I have another turtle rescue story also if anyone cares.

Hertz should be glad you didn't rescue a pony.
(I want to hear the turtle story) Helen Franklin