[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Requiem

  • From: jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx (Jean Mccann)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:20:58 -0500

     That lovely poem spoke to all of us who have loved and lost beloved
companions. For me,it was my shadow,my "velcro dog",Nitro. He was
huge,over-size and a gentle giant,but could "rise up ferociously" if he
perceived any threat to me. He came down wth DM at 8 and we managed that
for two years,but then he contracted cancer of the stomach and  I was
forced to do the "right" thing. It was the most gut-wrenching thing I
have ever had to do. I remember afterwards,they let me sit with him as
long as I wanted,and I sat there holding on to him ,tears streaming down
on his soft fur,as I tried to "memorize" everything about him. When I
finally had to leave,I remember saying to my vet " It is so hard to
leave him behind.....he would never have left me......"     His ashes
are in my loft,where I spend the most time,after work. It's a "photo
urn" so I can see his dear smiling face. When I die,Nitro goes with
me,as we are meant to be together.         Jean