[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Request RE: Elections Part II

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:01:51 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/2005 9:19:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:
I think  the primary reason I requested a voting record of all incumbents and

prospective candidates (how they would stand on issues had they been in
office) was for those of us who DONâ??T know what their voting record is, or
would
have been.

Maybe I'm just not getting this tonight, but you have the  incumbents' voting
records right in the minutes posted on the PC web site  in the members' only
section.  Minutes are also sent to regional clubs'  newsletter editors for
publication.  In addition, rightly or wrongly  <G>, happenings from the board
meetings are hashed out on the "list"  during and right after each meeting.
There
is a little wait before the  minutes are in the Review, but that's
understandable because they must  first be approved and then there is a three
month
submission to publication  period with the Review ~ but by then you should have
more than enough  information on what was addressed and how the parties voted.
As far as how  a candidate would have voted...hmmmm....who knows?  Bios are
supplied w/  the ballots and in the past I have received mailings that
candidates sent on  their own...it's a little "pie in the sky" to say how one
"would"
have  voted...sometimes when dealing with a situation on the inside, listening
to  other parties' points of view, hopefully learning in the process and
taking a  big picture look at a particular situation, opinions change, so to
ask
how one  would have voted....hmmmm...I don't know how realistic the answer
would
 be.

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_