[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reno/Sacramento Shows Extravaganza

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:12:00 EST

OH boy, that brings back memories.  I got one of those beautiful  redwood
trophies for being the Futurity chair back in 1978 (think that was the  year
- it's been a long time).  I was really thrilled to get it.  Only  problem
is the GSD head fell off.  I still have it however.  Of  course, you all know
that I just move everything from one location to the  next.

Tish

In a message dated 3/11/2011 4:19:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  was president of the Golden State Club ( don't ask how that happened)
when the  tradition of giving out those beautiful redwood trophies
ended....many  club members were not happy with me for pushing strongly to
eliminate
them.....we didn't have the money....it was my opinion that the main  purpose
of folks entering the show  was to win the points....certainly an
unpopular decision...Bill Basu followed me as president ( no one else  wanted
the
job)....we were so poor when Bill was president instead of buying  ribbons he
suggested at a meeting that we just give the winners a piece of  paper
saying...and I quote..." You Won"...ladies and gentlemen...that is a  true
story.....I hope to be going to a show soon, haven't been to one since  the
National...FB

that  you can go to the GSDCSacramento Valley web site at www.gsdcsv.com
to  download Premium Lists for all four shows.
Enter TWO dogs and we  might have Evan Ginsburg perform some magic tricks
during
the lunch  break!!
We thought about offering Evan and his tricks for the raffle we  will be
offering.....but decided to go

with a 50/ 50 pot instead  ....just to keep from paying any high California
taxes
on his act!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Reno/Sacramento Shows

Saturdays and  Sunday - April 2 & 3, 2011

Our Annual Sacramento/Reno Extravaganza  A Four (4) Specialty Show Weekend

Ã?  Lots of Point

Ã?  Lots of  Friends

Ã?  Lots of  Food

Ã?  Lots of Dogs

If you don't make it to this great weekend, your  hair will fall out!
Then your teeth will follow shortly!   Here's  your opportunity to stay
young and

also have a great California day in  the sun, shade or just ringside!

Howe  Community Park, 2201 Cottage Way, Sacramento, CA 95825

Entries close Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 6:00 P.M.

Ã?  Mail all  entries to: Ms. Gloria Smith, Show Secretary
Ã?  P. O. Box 580075, Elk Grove, CA 95758

o   Daytime 91 Phone: 916-684-4696 Email: gsdcofsv@xxxxxxx

o   Fed Ex Deliveries: 4917 Valley Willow Way, Elk  Grove,
Ca. 95758

Saturday:

Mr.  Randolph (Randy) Darnell AM -- Conformation

Ms. Cathy Dutra AM -- Obedience & Rally

Mr. Dan Mosher PM -- Conformation

Mrs. Cathleen Craft PM -- Junior Showmanship

Mrs. Loretta B. Delinger PM -- Obedience & Rally

Sunday:

Ms. Jamie Walker AM  Show â?? Conformation

Ms. Pamela J.  Oâ??Dell PM Show - Conformation

* And... as a special treat to all our  guests and exhibitors, Governor
Jerry
Brown will probably

not be at this show!   (Nor will there be any tax  collectors!)

What do ya' say! Let's make this a great show weekend!

Howe Community Park

2201 Cottage Way, Sacramento, CA  95825

Unbenched and Outdoors regardless of weather

Frank  and Carolyn Martello are guaranteeing the weather will be ...

Money  back guarantee

===========================================================================P
OST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original
kind
are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of  the

Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its
administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any
post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER
OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
PARTIES TO THE POST AND  THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS
VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

POST is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of

Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION  OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE  EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION  WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the List Management  at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.