[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regions & Futurities

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 08:21:38 EST

In a message dated 3/18/2006 7:41:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
Who  decides which region gets which judge?...is that a
regional  club  thing or a PC decision?...

The regional club submits a short list of names and provided the  individual
meets the requirements, the person on the top of their list gets the  nod.

I'm with you though.  I've nominated litters and gone one step  further; I've
entered dogs in Futurities I had no intention of attending to keep  them
eligible for their Maturities.  (And, the last two I did that with  finished
their
CH prior to their Maturity rolling around, so it wasn't a case of  "turning
out".)  In each case, the judges that were best were 1/2 way  across the
country and I'd have to have someone come in to care for the dogs and  I have
tell you, it's just not worth the bother.

I've nominated again this year, but for me, it's more a factor of  supporting
the club than of having any real intention of showing.  Maybe my  co-breeder
will.  For me, there are two factors.  I keep hearing about  the "good old
days" w/ so many dogs it was dark when everything finished  (legitimately, not
slow judge, lol!).  Now, classes don't fill and still  we'll see folks crowing
about "getting wood" when they've beaten one, maybe two  dogs.  I've heard
the argument that the winners are still the same quality  as those in the past
and that the prestige if winning a Futurity w/ 50  entries is the same as
winning one with 150 entries and that may be so, I'm not  arguing that point.
(But
for the class placements, when the class never filled,  that's some very
expensive "wood"!)

Plus, and this is a huge PLUS!), living in the Mid-Atlantic region, there
are so many shows to see, I don't have a problem seeing who is producing  what.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_