[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Problems

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:26:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/2010 11:09:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:

I would  like the regions who do not have problems to speak up and brag
about  it.

Clubs are folding.  Sometimes support from the regions can  help  sustain a
club

And Many isolated clubs feel that they  have no representation on the
board.

People are starting to talk  about having regional councils again.  Ken
tank suggested that  futurity judges be elected by region instead of just
the
hosting  club. That way more of the other club members in the region would
be
more likely to buy into that judge and participate.

Regions are  important because each region has slightly different
problems.

That is just my 2 cents

How can any one person speak for a region??? we are all individual  clubs
and due to distance between many have different issues.
As to the GSDC of Beaumont, I cannot say the entire region is our support,
but the Texas clubs have always been pretty good to each  other.
As to representation on the board, any board member is that....or should
be.

When Carol was futurity chair a few years back, and also when I was for our
 club, we both sent out a 5 judge slate to every club in the region asking
to  pick a judge, or in my case, put them in the order that clubs wanted
them with 1  being their favorite.  As a result, the Beaumont futurity was well
 supported by clubs within the whole region and we were very pleased about
that.  Inclusion is always a good thing.

I still feel we need to cut the board to 9 directors...1 elected from each
futurity region.  At a time when we need to save on costs, and are
screaming for accountability, I think one rep who speaks for your specific
regional issues would be a good thing.  Then regional councils with that  board
member and a rep from each club would be workable and a benefit to all.

The GSDC of Beaumont is very active and member oriented.  We are  expanding
our shows this year to have 2 full weekends of performance (obedience  and
rally) and a supported 3 specialty weekend.
You have to keep in contact and make plans to keep a club alive and
thriving.  We are currently discussing the AKC supported RDO day. Last year  we
did it in one location, this year we are shooting for 2 locations on the same
day.
It is easy to just be a member of any club....it is more difficult to be an
 active member, but far more rewarding for both you and your dogs.

Molly
Trillia German Shepherds since 1972 PH  409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont (recording secretary),  Life Member
CKC
"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize  a mistake
when you make
it again."

NOTICE:
This e-mail is  confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee. Any other  person is strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing or reproducing it.  If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please
notify us immediately by  telephone or e-mail and delete all  copies.