[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Membership

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 19:12:39 -0400

Peggy

Yes, I do agree with you about home checks on perspective members; I know I
said it would be nice, but not feasible and, yes, in a way it would be
insulting.  In a perfect world, that would be good to do them

When this was discussed "casually" with some of our members a while back, I
mentioned that we weren't supposed to police applicants....the club is a dog
club; yes it needs rules and regulations but it should be member friendly.
And just because someone doesn't keep their dogs the way you keep your dogs
doesn't always mean they shouldn't belong to a regional club.  It could just
be a matter of interpretation....my luck it would be the day when I just
cleaned kennels and 5 minutes before the "inspection committee" came, 7 dogs
had diahrrea!!  Not a pretty picture :-)

Pat