[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Clubs on the Opposed List (AB1634)

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:15:31 EDT

Thanks for doing that.   Let me explain.   In California, when it works
right, letters are mailed to the Committee Consultant.   THOSE letters from
clubs,
business, letterheads,   and persons of importance (city officials, county
supervisors, etc) are listed on the committee analysis IF the Committee Chair
says so.   Those letters have to be RESENT each time there is a change in the
bill, the bill advances through the Assembly (or the Senate) and it is a
constant
updating of the letters.
The rationale is this:   If the bill is amended and your have objected to a
portion of the previous bill (4 months is now out, so mentioning 4 months is
disregarded,etc.) the letter is no longer valid.

So writing a letter to AKC, while it would be of interest to AKC, would go no
farther.   The letter HAS to be addressed to the correct party.   (over and
over and over...ad nauseum)

Miserable, huh?   I'm learning a lot, and more to come

Stormy
In a message dated 7/6/07 9:05:22 PM, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Actually the GSDC of Atlanta send ours directly to the AKC and copied both
> Reps who managed to change their vote at the last minute to help it pass.  We
> asked AKC to pull Eukanauba regardless of the expence since neither to them
> could be trusted to keep their word.  I posted this to the List about
> two weeks ago and challenged other clubs to join us.
>
>  We've received a reply form AKC and one of the reps.  They just didn't
> bother to add us to the list of opposition.

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org