[ SHOWGSD-L ] Regional Challenge Addition Why Not?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:51:01 EDT

In a message dated 8/3/05 5:29:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
My guess  is if you allow this to take place you will see the end of the
Regional club  challenge.

We may be perverting the original intention of this competition. Like other
areas, when competition becomes too important, it ruins the idea of working
together. If we decide the Regional Club Challenge is to win, then it is just
another contest.

There has been a lot of talk about the Futurities becoming too much of a
challenge due to the Red Book, and that they are no longer a regional  showcase.

The same thing could happen to the Regional Club Challenge.  I think  the
first intent, to showcase what the members of a club have done, was a good
one.
It may be becoming too much of a contest, and perhaps it should be
restructured.  I like the idea of bringing in outside members who may not  be
able to
get to a local club, but if we are just doing that to win a contest,  it seems
to be the wrong way to go.

I was never involved in the challenge, so maybe I am not the right person  to
approach this.  I have seen it develop and now if we are going to go out  to
rope in associates to gain points, we need to get back to decide what it is
for.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together