[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Challenge Addition Maybe?

  • From: "Beth Reynolds" <beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx>, <klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>, <CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 21:22:34 -0600

Hi Dawnmarie,

Its been forever since we e-mailed each other.  I was reading your question
to Lew and thought if its ok I would try to answer from my prospective.  Or
rather a past one.  I have had a GSD since I was 19 years old that was 21
years ago ( ok you can do the math) anyway I had not lived anywhere near a
regional club until I moved to Aurora Colorado 6 years ago.  I would have
killed for an opportunity for an associate membership in the past years.  I
just wanted to belong.  I would always show up to events but couldn't manage
the 3 hours each way for a meeting.  I do know there are many out there who
would also kill to live closer to a regional club but just don't.  So if a
regional club does indeed offer an associate membership and these people
indeed do fill the requirements to belong to one I personally feel they
should count towards the Regional club challenge.  Granted I have no impact
on the decision made by Lew and his group but this isn't slacking this is
simply logistics.  If these people do add points to a club via an associate
membership then it means they are out there working their dogs and doing
what it takes to belong to a club any way they can.

My Best
Beth
VP Rocky Mt.