[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regarding those confessions....

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:47:50 -0700

Hi Pat:

While I believe the "perception" of impropriety carries with it a huge gray
area, perhaps some of our GSD people could take a lesson from the other
breeds out there.  I admit this was second hand information, and I don't
recall which breed they were talking about (for some reason I think it was a
hound of some sort).

When asked if a breeder would be showing their top winning special at their
national, their response was "Well, no.  The national's judge bred a bitch
to our dog recently and we don't want to exhibit under them because it
wouldn't be appropriate."

When I heard that story, I laughed... Hell I know people who choose breeding
partners based upon the fact that the owner of the stud dog will be judging
one of their local shows a year later!! LOL

Other breeds think what happens in shepherds is outright unbelievable.
Perception is the key for sure.

By the way, just so everyone who reads this is clear, NOTHING I have posted
in the past few days is in regards to any shows that have happened, or the
results therein.

And if the people who are writing some of their posts because they are
trying to allude to something they "recently" witnessed, well that's kind of
bad taste, unless you have the courage to say, "this is my perception from
what I saw at the show <identify>", like Pat did in her letter that was
published in the Review.  That's my opinion of course, and I'm sure there
are others out there.

Regards,

Kathaleen

Kathaleen