[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reflections on a snowday/if dreams could come true

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:01:44 EST

Just finished reading Penny's pain over her loss and we all so  understand.
We are there with you Penny.

It brings me to one of mine which has taken me over a month to really talk
about.
On Dec 14, 2004 I lost my Ally -- formally known as  BIS Ch Trillia's Allure
CGC -  Pet Hero Dog 2004 - member of the 13 Club at 14 years, 5 months  old.
I have always  said she was strength to me during my own tough times, but I
had no idea what a  huge whole in my life she would leave.  Yes, there are many
others here and  I love them all dearly, but this one girl was just so
unbelievably  special.  She went through so many trials of strength herself,
and
overcame  all.  She was the epitome of devotion and loyalty and love.  She was
my very best friend.
And yes, you hear those whispers, and listen for the familiar sounds which
accompanied.  The sound of Ally settling on her mattress at the end of my  bed
when I finally  got there at night (she always waited for me),   opening the
shower curtain and not seeing her laying on the rug beside, making  dinner with
her laying in front of the sink so I could reach over her  rather than scoot
her out of the way (NOT), listening for her to rattle her  water pail (could I
have dared to forget to fill it again), and just having her  to hug when my
doctor would call. She always was the one to move in when I  weaned pups from
their mom, taking over with patience and the "take your lead  from me"
approach.  At her advanced years, she just helped raise a litter  of 2 this
summer....that was just what she had to do.  It was her  job.
I could not have asked her to give more, she always did her best.  I  know I
could not have been more devoted to her either...we were a team.
The pain of the loss is still here, probably always will be.
So, I miss her with warm thoughts and great memories.  My life is  fuller for
my experiences with her.
I just whelped a litter 2 days ago....I so wish she could be here to help  me
with them in a few weeks.  Maybe instead I will be so lucky to have a
reincarnate of her spirit...another Ally.  If dreams could come  true....

Molly   Trillia GSD's
and for the last time...owned by BIS Ch Trillia's Allure, GGC - Pet Hero  Dog
2004, member of the 13 club    Born:  Jul 20, 1990   Deceased Dec 14, 2004.
  Love ya forever babe!.