[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ref: HELP-Urgent//unknown illness//not Lepto//Mystery disease

  • From: <vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l: freelists.org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, colleen grenier <cbgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:37:35 -0700

I have permission to post this to the list for my friend, Colleen Grenier, =
whose sweet, sweet, boy Digger (CH Joelle's Geovanni of Lonwood) is very il=
l & vets are not able to determine cause.  12 days ago the symtoms presente=
d themselves as possible "Lepto" Virus, temp 105, swollen joints (at one po=
int unable to move without assistance), mouth alcers, etc...they took blood=
 and had a complete blood panel done...negative for Lepto & Lyme...everythi=
ng is in normal range except his white blood cells and red cell platelets e=
xtremely high...they have taken xrays and all the internal organs appear no=
rmal in size & shape.  He has not had any diarreha and only vomited once...=
The vets put him on 3 antibotics, with the onset & have left him on them...=
At this time he's still running 105 temp, refusing to eat (has lost 8 pound=
s in 12 days).  Please, if there is anyone out there that has had the same =
type of experience with their dog, "please" share your knowledge with Colle=
en, she's so afraid that she is losing the battle.

e-mail "cbgren@xxxxxxxxx' or call her at 1-989-365-4029

#2 problem...After 5 times to the vets and lots of $$$$$...they now strongl=
y suggest that she take him to MI State Univ Vet Clinic, even though MSU is=
 a teaching hopital and get lots of TAX dollars, they expect payment up fro=
nt and will not do payment arrangements...My Question is this "Does anyone =
know of any Foundation or Grant program set-up by any organization or found=
ations that would assist her or where she could make repayment arrangements=
."

I want to let everyone know that any information will greatly be appreciate=
d...
Thank YOU!!!!

Michelle
veni, vedi, "ViciSheps"