[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Red Book AKC Authorization forms needed - bitches

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:13:02 -0800

When I first started breeding, I didn't know from nothing. Saw a nice
dog, loved the way it looked and  moved, bred my bitches and lucked
out.  Handlers were telling me all sorts of dogs to which to breed,
but never told  me why and I didn't ask.  (I know, but I'm saying this
so you can see how many "newby" people do this.  Many, many 'newbies,"
of course, do it the "right way.")

  NOW, if I were to start breeding (I'm NOT!), I would be combing the
Redbook... current and past..., pedigree data bases, health data bases
(13 club if they had one on-line and there are others).  I would be
pestering breeders with questions about health and longevity, I would
be looking PAST the fantastic looking dog in the ring. I would be
looking at progeny and littermates of the possible studs.  I would not
breed to a dog just because I know the owner.

But educating people like me shouldn't take the years it took me.  The
education should start where?

Stormy Hope
In defrosting California with Tennie and PlentyPretty, the CalicoCat
Laugh but we had THREE inches of snow with EIGHT inch drifts and THREE
inch icicles!  <VBG>