[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Red Book AKC Authorization forms needed - bitches

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lealynn@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:27:41 -0800

I'll submit these forms soon.

Personally, I am pleased to have 3 dogs eligible to be in this upcoming
Redbook, based on VERY FEW PUPPIES produced -- but I am wondering is there
any point to submitting the information?  Are breeders going to pay
attention to the information?  Which breeder is actually going to look at
the numbers?  Are there true, independent breeders in this game anymore??..
you know.. the ones who used to pay attention to the numbers and the dogs
who produced correct, outreaching, BALANCED progeny (based upon the
standard, not some word a handler or judge uses to describe CRAP Quality).

How about the rest of the educational information presented.. primarily the
interview?  For years I've read that trying to glean information as to how
fantastically successful breeders accomplished "it", or do they have
anything to share which I can use.  There are breeders have produced more
than one highly successful animal and ROM's ... I'm speaking of the many
people who I'd like to see be interviewed --- Ann Brogden, The Graingers,
and several others who have had legitimate, non-handler directed success
with SMALL breeding programs and they are habitually passed over .. Why????
And just so we're clear -- I am not referring to myself.

So, is there a point outside of "presenting" my animals in the Red Book?
Will anyone actually look at the information and use it judiciously and
actually breed to animals who haven't produced 50+ puppies a year or will it
be another waste of time?

Kathaleen