[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Recommendations? Dyson

  • From: "Deanne Jur" <djur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:16:53 -0600

I had so many responses to my 'Dyson' questions that I thought it would be
best to respond to the list with my thanks and give a short breakdown of
people's comments...

The overwhelming majority LOVE their Dyson Animals and highly recommend
them!
Some thought the Dyson vacuums are heavy and difficult for them to maneuver
and others say the opposite.
Many responded saying that they have had theirs for over 5-8 years and it is
still performing as strong & reliable as when it was new - a great selling
feature.
These vacuums come with a 5 year warranty.
Personally, I love the fact that these are bag-less machines with no belts
or filters (built-in, washable heap filters) which means less money spent on
extra replacement parts.
Most say they would choose the 'ball' style if they had to replace their
regular model. However, after I spent a half hour in the store tonight
looking over each model thoroughly and trying them out, I chose the DC28
(regular model) Animal as I personally like a sturdy machine and found this
one was much stronger than the 'ball' DC25 model which has many smaller
parts to worry about breakage, etc. The DC28 also has double the canister
size which can be handy.
A few mentioned that the handle & hose attachment is awkward & stiff when
using.

So, I will open the box tomorrow and give my new animal a work-out and let
you all know what I think after a few weeks of using it!

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Deanne Jur
JurHaus German Shepherds
Winnipeg, Canada