[ SHOWGSD-L ] Recognition (was Re: Re: Perception

  • From: "L. Hartten" <hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:13:26 -0600

On 8/20/07 7:54 AM, Rita Sandell wrote:
> ATTENTION LISTER'S:
>
>   I love to meet and talk with new people.  If you see me somewhere, come up,
> introduce yourself and ask me any question you would like.  I want to help as
> much as possible.  I love this breed with a passion.
>
>   As a judge I have often spoken with new people after the show.  I love to
> talk.  Ask anyone who knows me.

  Rita, that's a kind offer, but I'm going to use it to make another
point -- how would we know it is you?  (Apologies to Rita, since I know
this is probably going to spark a few smart-aleck comments from a few of
the list jesters.)

  Seriously, I'm going to try to go to the Nationals for a couple days
(since it's only 1.5h north of my house); there are lots of
non-conformation GSD lovers along the Front Range, so maybe there will
be lots of us turning out.  Is the Welcome Wagon committee going to
encourage newcomers and old-timers to wear nametags, maybe, so that
meetings won't just be between the usual suspects?

Cheers,
  Leslie
--
Leslie M. Hartten                web: http://spot.colorado.edu/~hartten