[ SHOWGSD-L ] Recipes for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with (or without) Mushrooms!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <inquestgsd@xxxxxxx>, <charangsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:32:32 -0500

Okay -

By POPULAR request - here is the recipe for the squash soup!

2 cups water
2 cups unsweetened soy, hemp or almond milk (we use almond milk)
1 (15-ounce) can of no-salt-added or low-sodium vegetable broth
6 carrots, cut in large chunks
5 celery stalks, sliced in chunks
2 onions, cut in half
2 medium zucchini, cut into large pieces (I do peel mine)
2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (doesn't hurt to poke holes and then
microwave for a couple of minutes)
3 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash Salt-Free seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves (we adjusted to 1/8 tsp as they were a bit
overwhelming)
10 ounces of shittake, cremini and/or oyster mushrooms, cut in half

Place all ingredients except mushrooms in soup pot. Bring to boil; then reduce
heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Pour soup into food processor or blend and
blend until smooth. Return soup to pot, add mushrooms, and simmer for another
30 minutes or until 'shrooms are tender.

This is the best soup on a cold fall day and the house smells SO good!

I also have the recipe for Cauliflower soup with me if anyone is interested!

Jessica MacMillan

No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
* Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC, the Shepherd Girl
* Ch. Meribel, CGC. TDI, the Dalmatian Girl
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
Manager of: The Dalmatian Stud Dog List on Facebook
The German Shepherd Stud Dog List on Facebook