[ SHOWGSD-L ] Reasons to spay/neuter before they leave home

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 06:50:42 -0500 (EST)

Before I answer this post with a blistering response, please explain what
you are talking about and why you would send it to this list? As your post
reads  right now, whatever the reason behind it, heaping condemnation and
sneeringly  pushing HSUS in OUR faces is not the way to go about rectifying
whatever wrongs  you are inferring for which this group is somehow responsible!

Pauline...who also assists with rescue

In a message dated 11/16/2011 1:11:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Msg: #3  in digest
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:06:05 -0800
Subject: Reasons to  spay/neuter before they leave home
From: Colleen Donnelly  <colleenshundehaus@xxxxxxxxx>

I am exhausted hearing sad tales  from people. It is wearing me out.
But, I realize it does not connect with  breeders until it is said.

And, while I know this does not connect and  matter to 99% of you, it may
with that loving 1%.

The pups you bred  and pushed out into the world do not matter. Especially
the *companion*  dogs...the ones you thought were not show worthy. They are
surplus...they  do not matter.

Those pups were bought by people who bought pups from  *champion stock*.

They signed your silly little papers with a sneer.  Yah, I'll spay/neuter.
Riiiight.

As someone who assists with rescue,  I am pissed off.

I'm tired of answering questions about spaying and  neutering when breeders
should have been doing that to begin with. But I  still will.

I am sick to death of answering why the big dark puddle of  nipple discharge
happens with a bitch who should never have been bred. But  she wasn't sold.
Oh no..not sold. She was given away to a backyard breeder.  What can you say
to them?????

It never changes. Ever.

I  understand, COMPLETELY, why organizations like Peta say humans suck  at
caregiving. They make me want to join in.

It begins at the  beginning. Do something right, or piss off.

Colleen  Donnelly