[ SHOWGSD-L ] Reasons

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:20:55 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 11/2/13 1:44:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ropajagsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I have  never seen any comments from any white breeders as to why IN THE
BEGINNING  they decided to deliberately breed for what was a disqualification
in the  breed standard.  Does anyone know why?  Just  asking??

One reason might be that the puppies are sold well before they are  born.
White German shepherds are in high demand. Hundreds, or perhaps  thousands
of people like the look.

We few conformation folk seem to not like what they look like.  In the
overall world, we are but a few, and the many think otherwise.

I remember Shadow Acres Kennel. They bred Whites, took a $500 deposit,  and
promised a puppy within three years.  It seems more people want Whites
than we think. That kennel was in Southern California, and I have no idea what
happened to them.

In our little world, we don't like White shepherds. Or, at least some of us
 feel that way.  Some of the members of the GSDCA like Whites and even
breed  them.

If put to a vote, we will find out what the majority think, not just those
few of us who post or sign a petition.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together