[ SHOWGSD-L ] Reason and sanity in an insane world

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:00:51 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I am on line for a few moments tonight and trying to make some sense of all
the turmoil.

Dania Karloff and I spent last weekend in Atlanta attending a AKC/Parent
Club conference and we came back revitalized and ready to implement some
good changes for the club and it's members. It was a productive but harried
weekend with about 200 other Parent Club representatives. It's good to know
others are crazy!

Back home with an infected blister from wearing high heels in airports. OK..
. I am not as young as I pretend! I limp in to find 2 grandsons here
cooking! I think you know the rest of this story. (VBG) The dogs loved the
leftovers!

My husband had a friend that was diagnosed with cancer and he left just as I
got home. The bathrooms are both making "funny"noises. I went to Columbus,
Ohio to attend a conference of people concerned with some proposed
legislation here in Ohio. We spoke with "the powers that be:" in the
legislature here and I got home late today to take care of dogs and get
ready to go to Utah for the GSDCA meeting. My electric panel in the house
shorted out today because of incoming water and  guess I am lucky we didn't
all light up! Ahha! the strange acting bathrooms! So, $2,000 later I am
starting to pack and make sure all is set for the meeting and the dinners
and the transportation etc.

My point is this. This Board works very hard on your behalf as members of
the GSDCA. We are volunteers. We spend our money and time and we are human
beings with lives and hopes  and dreams just like you. Just like you we make
mistakes.

I really can't fathom where we are now being criticized for decisions that
have not been made yet. We have not had a Board meeting to decide any of the
things to come before us!

Gosh, give us your ideas constructively

Gosh, give us a chance to do it wrong!

Gosh, then you can write those letters.