[ SHOWGSD-L ] Reality bites

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:06:01 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/13/13 1:38:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
beaconhilgs@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Evan if we were heard about rotating national how come it is at  Purina for
next 3 years?????

The board heard us, and was going along with it. But, as far  as I know,
(and what I know is not much), the finances of the club put us in  trouble.  I
remember when we were told we needed one year's budget in  reserve, and we
did have it. I was now told we now have less than a quarter of  that.

I was told that Frank with the help of his board has helped to  reverse the
trend, but we are still looking for ways to finance the future of  the
club, and Purina offered us free locations for the next three years. We
usually
pay about $20,000 a year for the national rentals.  That will save  the
club at least $60,000 in the next three years.

This year the costs of the World Trials is going to be  extraordinary, and
between the past losses and this year, the board did the only  prudent thing
and committed us to Purina for the next three years.

It is unfortunate that reality does at times dictate what has  to be done.
I don't much like it myself, but I would like it even less  were the GSDCA
to have to give up the organization due to finances.

Our board is working hard to balance the interest of the  breed, the club
and the members. It is true, that at times they can't please all  three
factions.

It isn't easy to sit on this board. They work hard, get all  the criticism
and it is only that they get so much money for it, that allows  them to
continue.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together