[ SHOWGSD-L ] Read only if you are interested

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:53:00 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2007 3:24:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
Evan  mentioned in his post  earlier today that he doesn't want to become the

"point man" on this and  wishes to only handle the protection of Mr.
Downing.

Then why is he  posting this to the list???

I knew this was coming, so let me try again to make it clear. Some  times it
seems you have to repeat things to let others read it more than one  time.

The WDA is not a sanctioned club but for the GSDCA. If there are actions
taken by the WDA, and they are not under the by-laws, then there is liability
for any organization that supports them. They are only supported by the GSDCA,
and recognized through our club, with the AKC.

It is of interest to a number of those on this List, and those who have
written me, as to what is going on in the dog world, including the WDA and the
GSDCA.

This is not a problem for Ken Downing, it is a problem for our club, our
breed, and our position in the world of dogs. There are those who condemed the
information on Hunte going out to the List, and yet, without it, it is a
question as to how it would be handled. Information that affects us all should
be
public, not suppressed.

Now, as to schutzhund, I agree, the dogs enjoy it, the handlers enjoy it,
the dogs are well trainded, (most of the time), and it is a valuable and
interesting sport. It is advertised with bite work only, it is known in the
world
for the attack work, and it is the image they want to project. It is no me  who
shows the dog wrapped on the arm of the aggitator.

As for one more thing, for those who do not want to know what is going on,
or who find my posts of no value, please don't read them.  I will try to  make
sure they are entitled in such a way that you can hit your delete button,  and
in that way save yourself from being informed.

Now, I have to go find out why there is water gushing into the house.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together