[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Read if you can

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:57:36 EDT

my dad was an avid reader.  my mom, at almost 91, still  reads 2-3 books a
week.  my brother and i both ended up loving to  read.  it's wonderful
exercise for the brain and you get to visit so many  different worlds and learn
so many different things without ever leaving  your comfortable chair.  best
part is that we still have libraries so  anyone can afford to read as much
as they want.  what scares me is that so  many kids don't seem to have any
interest in books.  there is something  about the printed word that can't be
replaced by technology - the comfort  of a book that you can read over and
over is not something that can be  replaced.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 6/25/2010 7:46:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

I too  read two to three books a  week.