[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re myspace

  • From: "Jodi Distilli" <djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:57:33 -0400

"Since that time, I have now had 142 invitations to join a My Space  page.
Now, I don't want to sound elistist, or mean, but I just don't want  to be
that public. I have no desire to make my thoughts known, and I sure don't
want to be a member of something over which I have no control."
_________________________________
Yikes.  Although it's too late now, here's what I always recommend. Go to yahoo
or google and sign up for an email account through them.  Use that address for
the "shady" places.  It's kinda like having a P.O. box.  Give that whenever you
have a feeling that you might get spammed from a website but they insist on
email address. I don't check it because it's all junk, see.

My private email only goes to banks, personal friends, credit cards . . .

If you find later you want any of those emails (that they're legit ) give 'em
your real address.

On my yahoo email I got this 'real' official-looking email about problem with
my paypal account.  Pfff, nice try.  Paypal doesn't know I have a yahoo email.

Anyway, go close out your myspace account.

Jodi Distilli
www.dinovagsd.com