[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re The SOD STORY & OTHER STUFF

  • From: "SolanaGSD" <SolanaGSD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <k9krazz@xxxxxxxxx>, "'DA LIST'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:16:31 -0400

Perhaps Lana had better things to do this holiday week end than sit at the
computer - my delete button no longer has  letters on it...darn good thing I
know where it is.

I come home each day to something NEW/OLD that is being hashed to death,
hundreds of posts to delete, a huge waste of my time. I used to look forward
to reading the list and hearing what was going on in different parts of the
country, the brags of wins and litters being born and actually talking about
the GSD, which is what brought us all together.

We have over 2,000 club members and I am not sure how many on this list and
it is always the same few venting and often without all the facts. Talk
about the BOD disenfranchising the members, how about all of the people that
DO NOT post because they don't want to get flamed??
I have seen it year after year. How many members do we lose each year
because of all the BS??? How many choose other venues because of the
attitudes of the Specialty people?

In the past several weeks there have been very few posts about what this
list was formed for. Most of the posts have been about GSDCA club business
and yet this is NOT a closed members only list, something I fail to
understand as being allowed. I do understand that IF I was not a member of
the GSDCA I certainly wouldn't find  ONE reason to join much less become
active. Without members you DO NOT have a club.

After belonging to the Detroit Club since 1986 I left it a few years ago
because of the same type of BS...Same people having to RUN things. They lost
a hard working, financially supportive member...Funny thing is, we can all
still show our dogs in whatever venue we choose WITHOUT having to be a
member.

We need to embrace each and every GSD owner regardless of their venue, yes
even the PET owners...weren't we all there at one time? Had I not been a PET
owner first I would of never been bitten by the show bug.

Deborah Gebhard
Solana GSD, Mich
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/ChHaley