[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Re; Question and Answer

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jkerner@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:59:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/08 12:21:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Breeder / friend we lost a couple of years ago .......when asked......
> "will your stud produce".......... ( you fill in the blanks )
>
> Her response.....
>
> "yes............if your bitch produces it".

sometimes it's fun to go back and realize how lucky you have been!  when i
first bred my foundation bitch, sirca, my only concern was that she had missing
premolars.  i fell in love with sel ch covy-tucker hill's don quixote the
first time i saw him and was determined to breed to him.  helen flat out told
me
that cody was great at "fixing" missing teeth.  sirca had 3 litters by cody,
produced multiple champions in those litters, got her ROM as a result and NEVER
produced any missing teeth.  her kids had full mouths as did her grandkids,
greatgrandkids and generations down.  4 generations later i got one pup with
one
missing button.  SO - let's not forget that, while some stud dogs do seem to
pass on problems when bred to bitches that also carry the genetic propensity
to produce those problems, there are dogs out there who can help our breeding
programs immensely.  sirca lived to be almost 14 and the average lifespan of
every dog coming down from her was over 12 years.  cody also lived a good long
life.  it DOES pay to do your homework and never, ever blame the stud dog for
all your woes.
jmo,
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Psssst...Have you heard
the news?
There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at
StyleList.com.<BR>
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)</HTML>