[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Re Mega Esphogus/ which Ocean?

  • From: lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx (Lindenhill German Shepherds)
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:28:38 +0000

I'm affraid I must agree with Carolyn. Germany(grass is greener) is not the
answer for every concern, the INDIVIDUALS being bred are.

If as a breeder you need to correct a mega issue, then by all means breed to
dogs(and their honest and forthcoming owners) that do not carry the
recessive(my opinion, a simple recessive). If we only had a crystal ball or a
genetic test for every issue, this breeding thing would be so much easier. We
could just order up or dogs from the Gene Bank, of course somehow I don't they
will look quite like what we had in mind....

As Fred has said many times, SELECTION SELECTION SELECTION.

From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>