[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ] Re: Hold your blood pressure, have a look!!!

  • From: "Valerie Harrington" <whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Cinosam GSD" <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:54:18 -0600

Cindy --

This has been what's going through my mind over and over again.  It's not
the puppies he sells, it's about the canine environment he supports.  He
has it all nice and sanitized on his website.  He's the buffer between the
"factory" and the "sales counter" -- much like my children used to think
that the chicken I bought at the grocery store had no relation to the
chickens on a farm.

All you need to do is simple math.  How many puppies does the Hunte Corp.
ship out to retailers each year?  Divide that number by "6" for average
litter size.  How many litters is that?  Now, how many individual
"fully-licensed, professional breeders" (FLPB) does he utilize?  How do the
numbers of FLPB's compare to the number of litters produced?

I must have missed something while reading his "presentation to the GSDCA"
-- suddenly this isn't such a rosy picture any more.

Valerie Harrington
whereis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

about all of this....it's all the breeding stock.  What happens to them
once they pass their breeding years, or if they get pyo, or are just not
producers.  Are you telling me these commercial breeders are finding good
homes for their retired breeding veterans.  Do they offer awards and
recognition to their top producers and hold them in the highest asteem.  Do
they get to sleep on their owners bed at night and spend their final years
blissfully dreaming of all their dozens of offspring and wonder where they
are in the world.

>   I'm not positive, but my guess is that they get a nice bullet in the
head if they are lucky and if they are unlucky they are sent to these "dog
auctions" with an "all sales final" policy to wring that last bit of $$$$
out of them.   And once the new owners find out they've been scammed....who
do you think they take it out on?

>   The Hunte Corporation supports this industry, so no matter how he tries
to clean it up....the stench is still there.