[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ] Re: Feeding puppies - weaning now worming

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 19:27:46 -0700 (PDT)

I'm with you on this one. What is the point of feeding them earlier mom has the
perfect food for the babies .l If mom doesn't have enough them goat milk is a
great supplement.
  TC
Arcturus <Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Wow! I guess I'm really late with my pups. I don't offer them food until 3
weeks and then its Triumph canned Beef with Chicken. They usually gobble it
right down. By the end of the week I'm adding soften dry food to it. Now, they
always have access to Mom's dry food and some will start mouthing it at 3
weeks. Before 3 weeks the Mom's have so much milk I doubt the puppies would eat
anything anyway.
On to worming...does anyone treat for coccidia or giardia as a matter of
course? We do, at 6 weeks. Where I live there are so many chicken houses that
both are literally in the air. Penn State Unv. did a study on both as it
effects the chicken industry and they were amazed to find it ( as well as
e-coli) in rain water. Sue T