[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ Re: [AWSA]

  • From: falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, barbara17236@xxxxxxx, proudk9@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:16:34 -0400 (EDT)

I rarely get involved in these discussions but would like to say that over the
years I have known some excellent breeders of whites with truly quality dogs
that were very impressive as GSDs...............which they are  - GSDs.....

However, in keeping with our standard and to avoid the almost inevitable
effects on pigment through breeding whites into the standard lines, my personal
feeling is that whites would be best served by being either a separate breed
designation OR by being awarded Variety status within our breed designation -
shown as a separate variety all the way through groups just as the Dachshund
varieties and many other breeds with multiple varieties are .....with
cross-breeding highly discouraged.

That would be my vote if it were offered.
lynda

Gene Workman / Lynda Bragg-Workman
www.falkrigiashepherds.com - show and performance German Shepherd Dogs
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com - custom woodworking/artworks