[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Raw Question

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:25:11 -0600 (CST)

I know alot of breeders in German Style that feed raw and have never had a
problem with resorption.  They swear by RAW, even wean the pups onto it.

I myself do not feed raw.  I sometimes treat with raw. (a chicken back here and
there. But 95% is kibble.

I would like more info on any studies done.

=====================
From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Dec 15 08:52:46 CST 2005
To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Raw Question

In trying to breed a GSD litter, my three bitches have combined to miss five
times in a row..( two have missed twice, and one has missed once).a friend of
mine told me that she had read somewhere that the Raw diet was a possible cause
of aborting pregnancies in certain bitches due to the bacteria in the raw
diet...I am in the process of leasing a bitch and I am debating whether or not
to feed her what she eats at home or switch her to what my dogs eat.....if any
one has info on problems with raw diet and pregnancies please contact me
....thanks.......back to school today after a day of dog shopping...my kids
will ask me why I was absent and I will tell them the truth and a few of them
will explain to me that looking for a dog is not an appropriate reason to miss
school.( you should have heard all the flack they gave me for going to North
Carolina for a week)...I have 90 minutes to think of a good responce....keeping
my credibility with my kids is what its all about...FB

Kris Kudel
Vom Kristallaugen GSD